More families in need of Christmas adoption
REGIONAL – The annual holiday adoption program continues this week with needy families hoping to receive some assistance this holiday season.
Applications for families wishing to be adopted will be accepted now until December 6. Children 18 and under, along with elderly ages 65+, who are at or below 175 percent poverty level (or LIHEAP eligible) may apply.
For those donating, they can deliver gifts to WCCA’s Outreach Office on the designated drop-off day, Monday, Dec. 16 between 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Distribution of gifts to families will be held on Tuesday, Dec. 17 – families can pick them up anytime from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
If these dates don’t work, special arrangements can be made by calling 755-5602.
Each week in the Harlan Newspapers, adoptees are listed by number. Donors will then choose by number which family or individual they wish to adopt.
According to WCCA, donors are asked to choose the number of the family or individual they wish to adopt and then contact West Central as to what the family would like. How much is spent on the individual or family being adopted is left to the discretion of the donor.
Individuals wishing to make cash contributions instead of adopting a family are asked to bring cash or a check to the WCCA Outreach office at 1017 7th Street, Harlan, Ia. 51537. These contributions are pooled together and used for families/individuals and are recorded in the newspaper as anonymous.
The adoption program is encouraging businesses and groups to adopt a family (or multiple families) rather than sponsor a toy drive.
Following is the third list of the holiday season. Listed are those needing adoption and those adopted:
To be Adopted
26) Female, 17; Female, 11; Male 7; adopted by First United Methodist Church
27) Male, 7; Female, 6; Female, 4; adopted by Midstates Bank and Employees
29) Female, 18; adopted by Essentia Protein Solutions
32) Female, 11; adopted by Essentia Protein Solutions
34) Female, 7; Female, 6; adopted by Essentia Protein Solutions
35) Male, 12; Female, 6; Female, 4; adopted by Congregational UCC
36) Male, 6; Male, 5; Male, 2; adopted by Shelby County Catholic School
37) Female, 4; Male, 3; adopted by HCHS National Honor Society
38) Male, 11; adopted by Congregational UCC
39) Male, 10; Female, 6; Female, 5; adopted by anonymous
40) Male, 16; Male, 8; Male, 4; Female, 8 months; adopted by HCHS BPA
41) Male, 16; Male, 9; adopted by Variety Distributors
42) Male, 15; Male, 13; Male, 8; adopted by Variety Distributors
43) Female, 7; Female, 6; adopted in memory of Damian Grote
44) Male, 4; Male, 2; Male, 11 months; adopted by Variety Distributors
45) Female, 15; Male, 11; Female, 10; Male, 4; Male, 3; adopted by Variety Distributors
Read this story and the entire paper for only $1 online
Search back issues, email stories, flip through pages and skim headlines just as you would with a newspaper in your hands.
Create an account and buy a paper anytime you want for only $1 per issue Or buy a year subscription for $39.95